The NZ Herald reports that the proposed expansion of the St Lukes mall in Auckland that I wrote about recently has been approved. I feel sad for the local residents. I wonder how many of the councilors who made the decision live nearby?
About MeI'm a New Zealander living in the US and trying to understand what's going on in the world. More about me here.
- Surprising phrase from Pres. Obama - IRS conduct "contrary to our traditions" http://t.co/Hmj9m199K6 Not "violates our fundamental values"? 10:23:07 PM May 13, 2013 from web
- "all campaign “reform” proposals regulate political speech. And all involve the IRS in allocating speech rights." http://t.co/LwrAPMCKtG 10:14:02 PM May 13, 2013 from web
- "the myth that the tentacles of the regulatory state are administered by disinterested operatives" http://t.co/LwrAPMCKtG 10:13:11 PM May 13, 2013 from web
- "stigmatizes as the vice of cynicism what actually is the virtue of skepticism" http://t.co/LwrAPMCKtG 10:12:31 PM May 13, 2013 from web
- "Not even divided government is safe government, but it beats the alternative." http://t.co/LwrAPMCKtG 10:11:54 PM May 13, 2013 from web